Connecting people and ideas
In addition to our consulting services, mPay Connect provides whitepapers, presentations, and events for stakeholders in the Mobile Money industry. Many of these reports and presentations are available on Slideshare. See below for various topics and resources.
mPay Connect offers a mobile payments series consisting of live panel events and recorded videos that bring together industry experts to weigh in on hot topics around mobile payments. mPay Connect has hosted panel discussions and presented at Columbia Business School, Stanford, Haas, and the Alumni Clubs of Harvard Business School and Wharton MBA.
For access to videos, publications, forums, and blogs on mobile money, join the growing mobile money network.
Linked In Group: Mobile Payments Series - mPayConnect
- Money2020 Conference in Las Vegas: Mobile Retail Payments Spotlight (Oct. 23, 2012) panel moderated by Menekse Gencer of mPay Connect.
- Mobile Payments SeriesTM (July 23, 2012) hosted by mPay Connect at The Commonwealth Club of San Francisco. “Mobile Money: Global lessons we can bring back to the U.S.”
- Mobile Payments Series™ (Sept. 13, 2010) hosted by mPay Connect at The Hub – San Francisco. “Around the World in 80 Minutes: Mobile Money Tackles Global Issues”
- US State Department Tech@State, Washington DC. Mobile Money: The Foundation to Food Security” mPay Connect presented on the innovations and opportunities to leverage mobile money to support food security efforts.
- Columbia University Mobile Money Event, NYC. The Macroeconomics of Mobile Money (April 2, 2010). “Mobile Money: The Catalyst to Jumpstart Emerging Markets.” Video of Event
- Mobile Payments Series (Feb. 18, 2010) hosted by HBS Club at Merrill Lynch, NYC. From Kenya to Wallstreet: Mobile Financial Services for the Next Billion Customers.”
- Mobile Payments Series (Jan. 7, 2010) at Google in Silicon Valley. “Will mobile payments ever replace cash in the last mile? Where, when, and how?”
- Mobile Payments Series (Oct. 5, 2009) at Google in Silicon Valley. “Is there REALLY a market for mobile payments in the US?”. Video highlights of the event. Glenbrook Blog of event
- Mobile Payments Series (Sept. 3, 2009) at Wharton MBA Office in San Francisco. “From Afghanistan to Silicon Valley: Mobile Financial Services for the Next Billion Customers.” Glenbrook blog of the live event
Registering with mPesa in Kenya
GCash and SmartMoney Interviews and Primary Research
Is there REALLY a market for mobile payments in the US?
Interview with a Nairobi taxi driver on mPesa