mPay Connect, Inc. is a consulting service which specializes in providing assistance to clients seeking to launch or leverage mobile financial services globally. Our clients have included banks and mobile network operators, startups, development agencies, NGOs, and governments. mPay connect is experienced in serving clients with banked and unbanked customers. We provide advisory services in a number of functional areas including market strategy and opportunity assessment, strategic planning, vendor analysis, and implementation.
Some representative clients of mPay Connect have included 3 of the 4 top U.S. Banks, a mobile network operator in the U.S., The Inter-American Development Bank, Citigroup and SKTelecom’s Joint Venture, and The World Economic Forum. Menekse Gencer also advises a number of startups in the mobile money industry. mPay Connect has strong international expertise, advising clients in North America, Latin America, The Caribbean, Europe, Asia, and Africa. mPay Connect, Inc. is a woman-owned, small business S. Corp., incorporated in California on April 1, 2009.
mPay Connect Team
Menekse Gencer founded mPay Connect, a consulting service to assist financial institutions, mobile network operators, third party platforms, development agencies, and governments seeking to launch mobile financial services. Her market expertise extends from North America to emerging markets such as Bangladesh, Jamaica, and Central and Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior to founding mPay Connect, Ms. Gencer led PayPal Mobile’s Business Development efforts in North America for two years during which time she closed PayPal’s first mobile network operator deal to launch PayPal Send Money on Sprint’s mobile wallet in 2007-2008. Since then, her clients have included three of the top four US Banks, a global payments network provider, mobile network operators, bKash (Bangladesh), The Inter-American Development Bank, two central banks, The World Economic Forum, The mHealth Alliance, and Global 500 Professional Services firms. She previously worked for four years with large consulting firms including PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Menekse has an MBA from Wharton ‘98 and a BA in Economics from Harvard University. She was featured on the cover of Fortune Small Business Magazine for her prior startup. Menekse has 19 years of experience as a consultant and industry leader in high tech, mobile, and financial services.
Some of her key publications include:
• “Advancing the dialog on Mobile Finance and Mobile Health: Country Case Studies,” by Menekse Gencer and Jody Ranck for The mHealth Alliance, February 2012.
• “Mobile Money: The Foundation for Food Security,” by Menekse Gencer for Innovations Journal, MIT Press, 2/2012
• “Connecting the Dots in the Developing World” by Menekse Gencer for Sybase’s Mobile Commerce Guide 2011, 6/2011.
• “Amplifying the Impact: Examining the Intersection of Mobile Health and Mobile Finance,” by Menekse Gencer for The World Economic Forum Davos Summit, February 2011
• “The Mobile Money Movement(TM): Catalyst to Jumpstart Emerging Markets,” by Gencer for Innovations Journal, MIT Press,12/2010
• “Jamaican Regulatory Overview” by Camille Busette & Menekse Gencer for The Inter-American Development Bank,2010
mPay Connect leverages a network of affiliates world-wide, as needed, to provide specific areas of expertise for projects.